Monday, November 3, 2008

Calm confidence is catching

I have new hope on this election day eve for the first candidate, Barack Obama, that I have allowed myself care about in a long, long time.
Yet disappointed as I would be should he fail I have a perspective, perhaps brought on by age, that we will move on.
Someone at the office pointed out I seemed much calmer than during the Kerry/Bush race. Upon reflection it is because I respect both candidates and believe neither would make the terrible mistakes Bush has. I really believe W will be seen as a bad,  maybe negligent if not evil commander in chief. 
Being right that he would be a bad "decider" is little solace.
That said whether it is war, healthcare or the economy there is no doubt we need Obama now and I don't even want to think what a Palin presidency might mean.
I know any president will be tested like none since FDR.
Is a young visionary president with his best years before him too much to hope for?
I trust not.

No comments: